The Bachelor of Physiotherapy
The Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is a Full Time 4½-year Degree Course.
In present times, Physiotherapists are highly acclaimed and globally recognized job-oriented Professionals. It is only with the help of Physiotherapy that any person is able to recover completely. In Medical World, it is the most significant support Services today. Outside the Medical World too, it commands respect, more so in the present morbid and mechanized life of the modern world, for here it is an independent identity by itself.
The Course and the Training imparts to the candidate a very special & unique ability of handling cases of diseases and injuries pre-and post-operative, post-trauma, non-operative cases, short and long recuperative cases, in a Hospital and in the fields. Lest it be forgotten, the Course is considered to be complete only after the candidate has undergone a compulsory 6-month Full Time Rotating Internship.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology conducted by the recognised Board / Council / University.
BPT I Year -
- Acquire adequate theoretical & practical knowledge in basic Medical subjects.
- Acquire Proficiency in the skills of Basic Physiotherapy Procedures and Techniques duly supported with adequate theoretical basic of allied sciences.
- Acquire ability to detect Patho-physiological impairment of structural & functional deviations, using methods of physical diagnosis to evaluate the disability prognosis.
- Acquire competency imparting physio-therapeutic measures of specific choice/s towards symptomatic, preventive, curative and restorative or rehabilitative goals.
- Acquire ethical as well as moral codes and conduct of Professional Practice, with dedication towards patient welfare as the prime responsibility.
Anatomy, Physiology, Sociology, Psychology, Bio-Electric modalities, Bio- Mechanical Modalities.
BPT II Year -
Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, General Medicine, General Surgery (along with Obstetrics and Gynaecology, ENT and Ophthalmology), Orthopaedics, Electrotherapy, Exercise therapy.
BPT III Year -
Physical Evaluation, Neurology, neurosurgery, Cardiology & Cardiothoracic Surgery, Physiotherapy in Neurology, Physiotherapy in Orthopaedics, Bioengineering, Biomechanics.
BPT IV Year -
Physical diagnosis and prescription, Physiotherapy in Cardiology and Cardiothoracic surgery, Rehabilitation Medicine, Biostatistics, Community Medicine, Community Physiotherapy, Physiotherapy in Sports.
Prospects of BPT Graduates
Professionally Qualified & Trained Physiotherapists are required for a wide range of applications and can serve the mankind by working in the following centers : -
Hospitals, Rehabilitation Centers, Physiotherapy Schools & College, health Clubs, Nursing Homes, Physiotherapy Centers, Healthcare Centers, Sports Institutions and Academies and also as Personal Trainers.